Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I need the Cliff Notes on "Baby 411"

So I've taken on the crash course of digesting Dr. Field's and Brown's: Baby 411. It's close to 10:00pm and Chris and I are trying to get ready to meet the birth parents again tomorrow and I can't get through Chapter 3 on Abnormal Jaundice. What do you mean I may have a yellow baby for 5-7 days that I'm gonna have to stick under a heat lamp? I'm against tanning booths :) Can't they just make a pill that will turn the baby to a nice peachy color?

Chris is reading "An Adoptive Parents Guide" and just came across the chapter on potential RED FLAGS. I think we both stopped breathing when he read them. We've now entered into the high risk catagory. I'm sure we're going to be okay, and the process will go smoothly, but just seeing our situation in black and white in a book is a little scary. Looks like we'll be making a call to the agency tomorrow on our 4 1/2 drive to the birthparents house.
Wish us luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My advice would be to stop reading books. One is going to tell you to do one thing and another one is going to tell you that if you do that thing your child will be horribly scarred for life. You'll go crazy.

Unknown said...

I bought a book on how to keep your baby alive too. Rule one should be "Don't drop book on baby's head" as it's over 700 pages long. This is going to be hard...

Andrew's Daddies said...

I love your writing style..you are so funny!..I laughed at your "I need Cliff Notes on Baby 411" post..
Good luck and I hope you bring home your son/daugther soon.