Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Kensington!

Wow... can you believe it's been two months already. Where did the time go? Let's just recap a little bit of what's happened in the last 8 weeks:
  • Over 7000 visits to this blog, from 33 countries. We're impressed, and honored.

  • Over 540 feedings & 700 diaper changes. Yes people, we do count. When we took her from the hospital, they gave us a Pampers baby feeding and changing schedule chart - but only 5 days worth. So I scanned it and modified it and then made multiple copies. It helped with the first doctors visit because it was two weeks after delivery and it helped identifying constipation. We've made the template available here, because i couldn't really find anything online when I checked.

  • At 2 months now, she's just now fitting into her 0-3 months clothing.

  • Her sleeping patterns are irregular. She'll sleep through the night for a week, and the next night she'll be up a couple times (which last night is the first night I didn't wake up to her cries. Chris did. I was so proud of her when I woke up this morning thinking she'd slept through the night until I saw an empty bottle next to the glider).

  • With that being said, we've lost approximately 150 hours worth of sleep, collaboratively. Don't get us wrong... we're not complaining. We just can't wait to ship her off to boarding school so we can sleep in on Saturday mornings.

  • She's been to a sitter 4 times. Once for the day, and the others between 1-2 hours.

  • I've now gotten over the guilt period. Meaning, I felt guilty when someone offered to change or feed her. I don't know why... I just thought, "I'm her dad... you don't have to do it. I can take care of it." Now, you want to change her, go for it. I'll pick her back up next week.

  • We've taken over 900 pictures of her. Now, not all 900 are great quality. Anytime you're taking pictures of a squirmy baby, you have to take 15-20 to get one that's in focus and not with a crazy baby face. But we've kept all of them.
  • I've cried in public multiple times while holding her. We were at Michael's this week and over the intercom, the song, Amazed, by Lonestar came on and I started sing out loud to her. Every time our eyes meet, This feeling inside me... Is almost more than I can take. Baby when you touch me, I can feel how much you love me and it just blows me away. I've never been this close to anyone or anything - I can hear your thoughts. I can see your dreams. I don't know how you do what you do. I'm so in love with you. I didn't care who was looking... and people were looking (it could have been me walking up and down the aisle sing to her at a normal volume). Tears were flowing down my face uncontrollably.

  • I've been pee'd on over 20 times, pooped on at least 3. Chris's numbers are also impressive, but I still hold the record. Not that I'm proud of that.

  • We've gone through five... yes 5, bottles of Shout/Spray-n-wash. It aint pretty.

  • Katy Perry has competition... I too have kissed a girl, and liked it!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 2 month Birthday Kensington!

2momswithaplan said...

What a great 2 month update! Happy 2 month birthday Kensington!!!

BellaDaddy said...

Super Fun memories...

I STILL Cry when I look into her eyes at times...only now, instead of getting pee'd on, I get..."Daddy's whats wrong"? MELT!

Happy Happy Kensington!

john said...

wow, time sure does fly. I cant believe its been two months already. Well happy two months kensington. Love the LO BTW, you really took to this digital stuff...lol. It looks great!

jaysinwantsu03 said...

Happy 2 month BirthDay Kensington!!!!!!!!! How Awesome.. By the way I saw that link for your Portfolio and had already contacted him.. I told him I saw him on your Blog and he said He was so Happy to have worked with you Both... He seems really nice... I'll Get back in touch with him really soon.. .... " My Color's are Blush and Bashful" LOL..

jaysinwantsu03 said...

So Basically Buy the Johnson and Johnson Stock Now is What u r trying to say...

Jed said...

Great blog. Remember to keep taking pictures! Somewhere along the line I forgot and have months with none at all! Drat!

(F)redddy said...

Now that I realize my finger puppet is commenting on here I'll have to reserve my comment about the 2 month celebration! hehehe

Ummm, you've been peed on and crapped on how many times? Do we need to talk about proper diaper changes? 2 kids and 4 years later I've STILL never been peed on or crapped on (by my children). You're clearly doing something very wrong.

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

Thanks for all of the well wishes guys (and gals)!

BellaDaddy said...

Are you kidding me? No worries what-so-ever! I am flattered you would add us...and our little ole blog...I certainly enjoy reading yours and will add you as well...

BTW, on the poop thing...wait till you have the "Phantom Poops"...the ones you swear are there, can smell a mile away...and yet, when you change...NADA! HA!

Esther said...

Awww, congratulations and best wishes to the three of you!

Anonymous said...

I almost cried reading about how you cried! You guys are the cutest!