Saturday, February 2, 2008

Amos & Boris, and Shrek...

Oh My!


Today we met up with Nathan and headed to the Upper East Side to The Jewish Museum to see an Impressionist exhibit, featuring works by Camille Pissarro (which by the way, was amazing and I’m glad we were able to see it since it closes tomorrow). While we were there, the entire first floor was dedicated to showing the creations of William Steig. He is the brilliant cartoonist that had over 1600 pieces published in The New Yorker. Never interested in the magazine growing up, I always admired the cover art when I would see it shelved at a local bookstore or in line at the grocery store. William was also and an award-winning, beloved author of children's books, including Shrek! and Sylvester and the Magic Pebble. I think we had to have spent an hour looking over hundreds of sketches and drawings… many bringing back fond moments of our childhood.

“Oh, how I love Doctor De Soto… he is my of all time favorite!!!”, Nathan whispered with the biggest smile on him face. Seeing the look in his eyes made me wish he was my own… As we walked into the Childrens Learning Center, I couldn’t wait for Chris and I could experience this with our own son/daughter/the twins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

www.robertsabuda.com

Pop up book guy

Anonymous said...

I wish you were my daddies too!