Sunday, February 10, 2008


... my comments, not theirs.

5:45 a.m. – Chris is out of bed, in the shower, and then prepping for a board meeting. I hit snooze.

6:45 a.m. – Still hitting snooze on my Blackberry. Eyes crusted shut because I slept in my contacts and Chris enters to tell me that he’s headed out the door and coffee has been made.

7:00 a.m. - Praying that the girls are still in bed. Hit snooze again, promising it’s the last time. Whatever!

7:30 a.m. – The girls are up and Nickelodeon is on T.V. I head downstairs, pour a cup of the worst coffee I ever had (Chris and I are still trying to figure out what went wrong. I think he hit ’12-cups’ on the coffee grinder and used 6-8 cups of water).

7:32 a.m. – M2 says they’ll wait on breakfast. Good news for me as I need to make a fresh batch of java.

9:30 a.m. – So far we’ve watched numerous episodes of The Fairly OddParents and SpongeBob SquarePants (Oh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea? Absorbent and yellow and porous is he! If nautical nonsense be something you wish... Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!) Is it too soon for a Bloody Mary? I think not… but I refrain.

9:30 a.m. – Mary Cay calls. She’s headed to the beach. We look out the window and it’s snowing like crazy!

9:32 a.m. – I start breakfast. Scrabbled eggs, sausage, potato wedges, wheat toast, bowl of fruit and juice. The girls say, “do you have cereal?” I drink more coffee :o)

10:30 a.m. – 30 minutes after they have finished eating, we dip into the heated indoor pool. There is synchronized swimming movements, a made-up dance, hand-stands, flips, and piggy-back riding. Life is good.

11:45 a.m. – Out of the pool and now drinking hot cocoa. “Oh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?” is playing in the background. Honestly… why is there a pineapple house in the ocean? It makes NO sense. Life goes on.

12:45 p.m. – Lunch time. This time I ask them what they want first. I’m a quick learner. (smile). Corndogs it is.

1:00 p.m. – We’re out the door and headed to the arcade. I fill up an EZ Card with cash (what… no tokens anymore???) and we have the place primarily to ourselves. We spent 90 minutes playing Dance-Dance Revolution, Pin Ball, smash the gopher looking thing in the head with a big hammer, basketball, boxing (it says you loose an average of 3000 calories playing the game – I spent 7 minutes and not only was I out of breath but I was sweating like a racehorse and I couldn’t move my arms anymore. I KNOW I will be hurting tomorrow), air hockey, motorcycle racing, and more. What a fun-filled time. We counted up the tickets we won and I spilt my 200+ between them (after all that time boxing, it ended up being a non-ticket winning game. Tears flowing down my face).

2:30 p.m. - We head over to go snow tubing. Meggy sees the mountain and says “no way” which irritates Mollie. It was something she’s been looking forward to doing all week. I come up with at least 13 (yes, 13) different activities from going to the movies to visit the reptile and monkey farm. Everything Meggy wants, Mollie refuses to do. Everything Mollie wants, Meggy rejects. Oh… I see the game they’re playing. I refuse to play along. I put them back in the car and it’s back to the house we go.

2:45 p.m. Back at home. Hannah Montana is on the Disney Channel. I’m so confused as to who is who. First she’s Miley with Billy Ray Cyrus as a dad, and has three brothers that aren’t really her brothers and then she puts on a wig and he puts on a mustache and she turns into Hanna Montana and he turns into her manager and no one can tell it’s them? I just don’t get it. I blow up with a pump a “Surfster Ice Inflatable Snow Sled” (Thanks Jeff, for what turned out to be an amazing Christmas gift). The girls get excited. We head across the street to our neighbors house. They’re not here this weekend and they have a huge inclined driveway that is now covered with snow. I go first and build the path. They can’t wait to follow. I show them how to steer with their body weight and tell them that if they do think they are headed for a tree, to roll off. We each go a couple times and all is well. Now I’m going to do it and go with a running start. Not such a good idea. I head for a tree and I didn’t take my own advice. I slip off the driveway and into the woods I went. A pine tree stopped the sled… another thing to be sore about tomorrow. Meggy’s up next and she’s headed into the same path I just took. I yell “roll off, roll off”, but she stays on. I run down the driveways and end up slipping on the ice and now I’m sliding faster than she is… The sled hits the tree and a yell escapes her. I pick her up and she screams that her finger is bleeding and broken. I take off the glove – nothing. Then she laughs at me and says she wants to do it again. Thoughts of Mary Cay killing me run through my mind. I let them continue sledding, but only halfway down the driveway.

3:45 p.m. - We head back into the house and Chris calls to see if we’re home. He’s 2 blocks away.

4:00 p.m. - “Oh! Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?” Seriously folks… is this the only show on Nickelodeon?

6:00 p.m. – 2 games of Uno spin, 3 games of Uno attack, 2 bags of popcorn, and a tutorial of what Webkinz are. Dinnertime. Again… ask first. Pizza it is.

7:00 p.m. – Movie time. Disney’s Ratatouille, with a twist. (Chris wanted to watch Ratatouille, M2 wanted Transformers… so they told him we were watching Ratatouille 2, the non-animated version. He never bought it).

9:00 p.m. – Shower time (for us all)

10:00 p.m. – Bed (Thank God!)


Regan said...

Wow! You rock!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world. I had a Sponge Bob alarm clock for about 2 months (SB sang- F is for Friends who do stuff together, U is for You and Me, N is for anytime and anywhere at all down here in the deep blue sea) before it mysteriously broke...richard. Stop cheating with the whole Noah's Ark thing. You know you are!