Monday, February 18, 2008

Postcards From The Edge...


As you can tell, it's been a slow blogging week.
As stated in the beginning, there will be lulls in the process, and being that this is our official "adoption" blog, and not our personal day-to-day happenings, there will be some days that nothing will be captured on here. I know, I know - a tear is falling from my eye as well.

Being that today is President's Day, I've decided to catch up on some work and minor tasks that have been haunting me for weeks now, all while being comfy in my PJ’s, drinking my ump-teen cup of coffee, laying by the fire. It’s such a hard life to live.

Not to entirely happy with the initial artwork that Chris and I put up on this page, I decided to get artistic and update it. Walla! What you see above is the latest creation. Now that I was able to check that off of my to-do list, I went ahead and ordered our “portfolio postcards”. These cards get attached to each of our 50 portfolios (the story of our lives), and when a case-worker shares one with a potential birthmother, we get updated.

Some people just attach a generic postcard, or regular index card to be updated, but not us. We had to special order ours and on the back, we made it simple (and fun) for the case-workers to fill out.

Paul & Chris,
We are excited to inform you that a portfolio went to a perspective birthmother
from __________(state) on _________(date).
She is ________________ months/weeks along in her pregnancy.
At this time, the sex of the baby is unknown / a boy / a girl.
We'll be in touch,
________________________________

No comments: