Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Take a picture...

it will last longer.
With the weather being 34 degrees today, we can't believe we had one enjoyable day this past week with weather being 70... yes, that's right. It hit 70 on Saturday. So, Chris and I did what any other couple would do when they've been couped up in the house for a couple days - - road trip. We headed to the outlets (smile). While the pictures don't show it, there literally had to be THOUSANDS of individuals at the outlets. Some stores had so many people in it, we decided not to even attempt it with Kensington and a stroller.


When we first arrived, Chris and I instantly noticed that we were turning heads. Two guys... a baby. Even though it's 2009, I guess it's still not a sight people see everywhere they go. Every store we went into, people stared and bumped into clothing racks because they we were not watching where they were walking. Hillarious.

Oh... and the saying is ABSOLUTELY true... baby's are a chick magnet. Too bad I'm not in college anymore (Sorry mom... I had to say that!) :)

Banana was great... but so packed Chris had to sit on the sidelines with Kensington while I did the shopping, and at Kenneth Cole, they showed us a corner that the stroller would fit in so we could go shopping (I'm kidding... one of us would shop while the other would stay with her). Ton's of stiff at 'Osh Gosh, Children's Palace and Ralph Lauren Kid's.

Kensington, of course, spit up on me while she was in her baby bjorn... but what better place to have it happen than French Connection UK. New shirt for me. I'm kinda getting the hang of this :)

6 comments:

jaysinwantsu03 said...

't wait for all of the shopping!!!!! So how did you handle all of the staring ?

jaysinwantsu03 said...

There first part was not connected ... I said I can't wait for all of the shopping...

It's Daddies. Plural. said...

We just smiled at everyone. Many people came up to see her... do real negative responses. It was just EXTREMELY funny wtching everyone watch us.

Andrew's Daddies said...

Hey Guys,
You get used to it. My partner and I go to a Church near our house for many years, then one day we come in with an infant...Talk about stares...LOL..
Most people are more interested than judgemental.
But I know exactly what you mean..Even simply going on a plane and checking in..."And the mother?"...I always say "well, he has a birthmother, but we are his daddies".

"Oh" then an uncomfortable laugh..."well that's...wonderful".

Karen said...

We get the same stares for different reasons. Doesn't it amaze you how openly people will just stop and watch you, though? I do agree that, for the most part, people are more curious than rude. Mostly.

Unknown said...

One day at the Houston Galleria a str8 couple came up to us and asked how we liked our Baby Bjorn. They have become our very close friends. Just goes to show you that people can be open to diverse families, even in Texas...

I miss the days when we could stuff Cleo in the pouch and power around. I loved the idea that she could feel my heartbeat. Enjoy this stage. It doesn't last long enough.

XO - Steven, Grant & Cleo