Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yum-Yum... Say Chee-eee-se!

[okay... I'm a couple days behind on blog posting - and sleeping - so hopefully I can catch up a little tonight while Chris gives Kensinton a bath]

Today, Kensi went to get her first set of pictures taken. I wish we had them to share with you... but we don't. I didn't get a proof/contact sheet of the prints we ordered, only the ones we didn't (didn't make sense. I guess it's in case I change my mind once I got home they wanted me to know what we were missing!?!?!?)

So, being that it was a Wednesday, and the place is cutting back hours/staff, they only had one employee working... no biggie. I was early so I got Kensington ready (stripped her out of her diaper so the imprints around the waist and legs would go away...), and begged her not to pee on me. I lightly placed a diaper around her and swaddled her up, and that little stinker pee'd thirty second later. So I changed her again and begged her not to pee on me, or any of the props they'd soon lay her on.

The photographer came out and asked what we wanted to do and my hurried comment was, "Let's take the bare photos now and then we can talk. With her track record, she's gonna explode on us any second now... "
These were the bare ones we didn't get:

Then the phone rang and the photographer apologized and explained that she needed to get the call. "No problem". Well, apparently Kensington had an issue with this because she spit up formula all over the black velvet backdrop. I was MORTIFIED! I'm rummaging through the diaper bag looking for wipes and trying to get everything cleaned up before the photographer came back in. Then I'm trying to re-arrange the velvet... it wasn't a pretty sight. But thankfully, I got everything taken care of before she came back in.

Then it was time for her "yum-yum" oriental dress.

All went well with this set... and then on to her purple and white knit outfit.

After all of the shots were taken, it was time to get Kensi settle in the stroller and she fell asleep before I could even change her. The photographer deleted all of the "bad" pictures and left me with about 20 to choose from. She then spent the next 15-20 minutes adding borders, text, playing with the color and tones of the prints. Each of these options would have been an additional $10-$35 per print. She then put together a 10x10 colliage with her name in it - $80, and then a tri-fold picture - $120. All of this was a waste of time... these things I could do from home. I just want the prints and the CD and I'll be on my way, thank you. Then I saw the price of the CD with High-res picture. Um... I'll scan them in :)
The pictures will be ready in two weeks... and we can't wait!

The one dissapointment of the day was that the apparently the photographer didn't like any of the bare bear pictures (I brought the bear that our cousin Brayden gave her before she was born) and deleted them. I tried taking some of my own a couple weeks ago and they didn't turn out good at all. Looks like we're going to have to go back for more pics :)


Geno said...

These pictures are precious! Honestly, hearing what you went through to take these photos makes me fear the day when we bring the twins in!

Andrew's Daddies said...

This is hysterical!! I'm just imagining you rushing to clean the mess...
My partner and I take our son's pictures professionally as well. For the first six months, we had pictures taken each month. Now it's quarterly. We had many of the same experiences...

Your daughter is so cute and the pictures turned out great.!!!!

(F)redddy said...

Adorable. Every time we take the boys in I nearly faint when the total is rung up. Just as an FYI, there's a period between 2 and 14 that you won't be able to get ANY pictures of your child smiling!

Bella Daddy said...

She is a fortunate child. And incredibly, stupendously, adorable ;-)