Friday, January 9, 2009

129 and counting...

Yes... this is the number of diapers Chris and I have changed since we took Kensington out of the hospital on December 27th. I don't think I went to the bathroom more than 200 times during the 2008 year. At this rate, we will change 4,015 diapers before her first birthday - and this doesn't include the times we get pooped or peed on DURING the change itself.

Today, I got the best birthday present ever... Chris and Kensi let me sleep in until almost noon. I KNOW - noon!!!

Chris got up at 1am and fed her and I did the same around 4:30. She then needed one more feeding, but wouldn't take it at 6:30... instead she was ready for it at 7:30am.

Chris brought me coffee (at 9:50... remember, it has to be before 10), and I didn't even budge. At 11:50 she made a noise and I jumped... realized that it was noon, and only want to sleep for another couple of hours. But... I couldn't. I now have parental responsibilities (who said that? Who ever you are, go away).

I tried the, "It's my Birthday, so I don't have to change any diapers." That went over like a lead balloon.

Kensi was in her Baby Papasan chair and the next thing you know not only was she out sleeping, but Duncan (the protector) was sleeping with his head on her lap.

Guess what, today I had the opportunity to give her a bath and if is do say so myself, it wasn't so bad.

There is so much more to blog about... but even with sleeping in, I can't seem to put a complete thought together. Hopefully tomorrow :)













2 comments:

Kate said...

I love the picture of the foot in your hand- priceless.

Enjoy those sleep in days! I miss them too and my kids are bigger.

C.I.W. said...

That is a hell of a lot of poop *gag*..

good luck with all of that!

Parents say that it is okay because it is your child's poop.

I am not a parent.. and I am thinking.. poop is poop.

Okay. I don't think I have typed poop so much in one comment ever.

Casey

ps. love that the puppy is protecting your littlest angel..

pss HAPPY BIRTHDAY!